Storytelling with Andrew Thorp
This week I have a chat with my good friend Andrew Thorp.
Andrew recounted his body language story that he also used as valuable content in LinkedIn. You can read the post here.
Summary & links
- A story should have structure. A beginning, middle and end for sure but the most important thing to remember is to reduce ‘waffle’ and get to the ‘reveal’ quicker.
- TED talks
- Body language expert Alan Pease
- Sir Ken Robinson’s famous TED talk
- Brené Brown’s TED talk that I mentioned
- The clues to a great story. Andrew Stanton’s excellent TED talk
- Storytelling can boost your confidence and help you to develop better relationships.
Send us your stories, either type something in the comments section or drop me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Thorp’s details
Andrew’s TEDx talk
Thank you so much for listening. I value your support and interest.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
If you are not sure how to write an iTunes review I have made a short video demonstrating how this is done.