Following on from lasts weeks question and answer session I thought I would tackle the most common question of all this week;
Do I need a premium account to use LinkedIn effectively?
I have always enjoyed the way Jo approaches the subject of LinkedIn so I thought her take on premium accounts would be useful to you.
In this session we discuss the various LinkedIn premium upgrades, specifically the one I tend to recommend which is the blue one below – Business Plus
During our chat I mention that you can avoid having to use InMail by sending free messages within groups, this is still the case but LinkedIn have since changed the rules on group messages as follows;
- All members are restricted to 15 messages per month across all their groups
- The limit is not per group, its 15 group messages per month period.
- This limit includes messages to 1st tier connections if sent within the group.
- You can’t carry over unsent messages to the next month.
- You can’t send messages in a group until you have been a member for 4 days
- You also need to have been a LinkedIn member for 30 days to be able to send group messages.
- This restriction includes messages sent as private replies in a group discussion.
- Group owners, Managers and Moderators are subject to exactly the same restriction, even if the message is sent through the ‘Manage’ tab
Thank you so much for listening, I really value your support and interest.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
If you are not sure how to write an iTunes review I have made a short video demonstrating how this is done.