This season, we are going to focus on LinkedIn content marketing. We start with an interview with Matt Young, an expert in content marketing.
Matt is the owner of the company, ‘Mr. Matt Young’. An experienced broadcaster, event host, MC, DJ, voice over artist, podcaster and content marketer. He currently hosts a show on “Heart Southwest” part of Global Radio.
There are a lot of types of content:
- Links to your website
- Explainer how-to videos
- Pdf downloads
“You need to get up a little earlier” – Nigel Botterill
Summary of Matt’s points:
- Consistency is key
- Make sure your content is targeted to your audience
- LinkedIn post publishing is very powerful.
- Two post a day works well for Matt but most of this is sharing other peoples content.
- Understand the key times of day to post content
- Think of ways you can work with your competitors
- Tap into the emotions of your audience when writing content.
- Avoid using images from Google, you might find it costs you!
You do not need to spend much money on images because there are free and cheap tools that are available:
TOOLS TO USE IN CONTENT MARKETING:
- Dollar Photo Club (unfortunately this is now closed for new members)
- A good alternative to the above is 99cImages
You can get in touch with Matt Young as follows:
LinkedIn – https://uk.linkedin.com/in/mrmattyoung
Thank you so much for listening. I value your support and interest.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
If you are not sure how to write an iTunes review I have made a short video demonstrating how this is done.