Who better to bring this series on content marketing to an end than Joe Pulizzi – the world’s leading expert on the subject!
Joe, an entrepreneur, speaker, and author on content marketing, believes passionately in his subject.
I knew that he would deliver a great interview…….I hope you enjoy it.
My Key takeaways
- You must be clear about what your niche subject is. What do you want to become known for?
- When you first start with content Joe advises to start with;
- 1 type of content (written, video audio etc)
- 1 niche subject (as in above point)
- 1 Platform (such as LinkedIn)
- You can produce content across multiple channels but try to keep it different for each channel. For instance focus on ‘X’ on LinkedIn and ‘Y’ on your website
- Gaining email subscribers is key to any content strategy. This can be done via LinkedIn posts as well as on your website by simply adding a link to the post.
- Producing content will make you a better, more knowledgeable business professional.
- Only create content about a subject you are genuinely passionate about.
- Outsourcing is OK if someone else writes for your website under their own name but LinkedIn posts must be written by you. Appointing a ghost writer is OK provided they get their information directly from you. Plagiarising is not OK and Google is clever enough to spot it anyway.
- Repurposing content – such as turning a blog into a book is a great idea but should be something you plan in advance, not something you decide to try and do after the content has been produced.
Joe founded and heads up The Content Marketing Institute
You can get the content-inc book here
The CMI also made this fantastic documentary about Content marketing
Well that is it for Series/Season Two. How did you find it? Was it useful to you?
I am currently working on ideas for the next series and would welcome your input.
What would like to focus on?
What areas of LinkedIn would most help you in increasing your sales?
Please drop me an email with your thoughts to email@example.com
Thank you so much for listening. I value your support and interest.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
If you are not sure how to write an iTunes review I have made a short video demonstrating how this is done.