Resources For Creating Great Content
In this episode I cover 5 key skills for great content. Writing, People, video, audio and visual skills.
- The most important part of Content Marketing is that it should be welcoming and relatable.
- It’s important to be CLEAR more than CLEVER; keep it as simple as possible.
- Practice makes perfect.
- Engagement is more important than views
- Business Blog Writing to Generate Leads: For Beginners by Daniel Woolfolk *
- 10 Commandments of Writing Great Copy
- Aim is to achieve engagement (comments)
- Always follow up on comments or questions
- Welcome alternative views, avoid being defensive
- Remove or ignore unprofessional or irrelevant comments
- Try to understand what your audience are most interested in
- People: Double Your Social Skills and Instantly Connect With People by Jimmy Naraine*
How to Create a Survey to Find Your Target Market by Amy Porterfield
- Anybody can produce decent quality video these days by simply using their smartphone and posting to Youtube.
- Good lighting is more important than a great a camera.
- Sound quality can be improved with a good microphone or digital recorder.
- How to shoot videos of yourself with your smartphone by Penny Haslam
- Learn how to shoot better videos by yourself by Caleb Wojcik (the best in the business in my opinion)
- Podcasts can be small mini series or singular episodes
- You can use sites such as Soundcloud or Podbean to upload your audio to (see links below).
- Stand up when recording or at least ensure you have a straight back.
- Microphone technique is an important discipline. Keep a consistent distance from your microphone.
- When using a microphone, use a pop filter (see below)
- Avoid placing your microphone on a hard surface (ideally use a boom arm – link below)
- Auna MIC-900 (Current Microphone)
- Blue Snowball (Previous Microphone)
- Pop Filter
- Boom Arm
- Some people respond better to visual content.
- Infographics are very popular.
- If this is not your skill set then consider outsourcing via Fiverr (see link below).
- Create images using royalty free photographs with text added using Canva.
- You can see my updates infographic here
- The specialist I used to produce my updates infographic
- Professional Infographics Without Previous Experience! by Florin Rosoga*
Please note that the courses marked with a * have been recommended to me but not courses I have personally experienced.
Thank you so much for listening. I value your support and interest.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
If you are not sure how to write an iTunes review I have made a short video demonstrating how this is done.