This week I talk with Peter Gold, you may have heard Peter before on my other podcast LinkedInformed where he ran a test of LinkedIn advertising in episode 94 that produced some very interesting results.
This time Peter shares with us his interesting take on content marketing.
Peter has developed a methodology that overcomes the issue of content marketing being a ‘slow burn’ process that can take months (or longer) to actually have a credible conversation with your prospects.
Peter elaborates in more detail in the interview but a key factor is to ensure that the prospect is not delivered any kind of sales pitch whatsoever.
My key takeaways
- This kind of content quickly gets you closer to your prospects.
- Selling or promotion will rapidly kill the concept!
- Start by interviewing current customers or associates, this content will help attract more interviewees.
- Follow up with roundtable discussion sessions on the subject or organise a talk from a thought leader (another interviewee) and invite your prospects.
- Be prepared to offer a research/benchmarking report on the same subject to seal the relationship and transition into presenting your product/solution.
I can’t wait to hear back from Peter about how this technique works with some of his clients in the future.
Please feel free to get in touch with Peter Gold here:
Thank you so much for listening. I value your support and interest.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
If you are not sure how to write an iTunes review I have made a short video demonstrating how this is done.